1. The Book of Brave - I've been a big fan of Laura Jane Williams ever since I discovered her on thought catalog. Her brutal honesty about life, love, work and sex is absolutely refreshing. The moment I heard about her book I got on my computer and purchased it. The Book of Brave has something for every woman; it is a collection of stories and reflections on how Laura came to love herself, and how she continues to fight for that love every single day. It is a truly inspirational read.
2. These Are The Moments - #TATM isn't a book I would usually pick up, but I am a follower of Jenny Bravo's blog, Blots & Plots, and really just wanted to support her. I don't leave many book reviews, but I felt so compelled to write her one, because that's how much this book surprised me. I found her characters loveable and very relatable and am looking forward to her prequel.
3. Something Like The Desert - I am quite literally in awe of Kristen; from the way she lives her life with such intention and presence, to her truly incredible words; she is a real treasure. I absolutely loved this book and pull it off of my bookshelf often, devouring her stories in a different way each time.
4. Coming Clean - I read this on my kindle months ago and it was one of those books that I couldn't bear to put down. It's a memoir of Kim's life growing up trying to hide the fact that her parents are hoarders. So. Very. Good. And also one of Amazon's top 100 books in 2013.
5. The Unfolding: A Collection of 21 Tiny Tales - This is such a lovely small book of stories, which now sits on my bookshelf next to Something Like The Desert. The tales feel familiar and heartwarming and I'm certain that I will come back to this book often as months go by.
, by RACHEL